Are you preparing to instruct or participate in FloatFit training?
The FloatFit Dryland Training Course launches in February 2018! If you purchase now, you will be registered for the launch at this rate.
FloatFit applies to fitness programs using stand-up paddle boards, floating yoga (or similar) mats.
Do you need to know how to effectively use this floating platform ("Float") as your fitness foundation?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- From open-water stand-up paddle boarding (SUP-boarding) to floating yoga mats, what exercises are best to achieve desired fitness goals?
- What do people need to know about this equipment before heading to the water?
- How do you get from ON to UPRIGHT?
- What happens if you fall off?
- What terminology should instructors and participants be using?
- What techniques work best to have a safe, successful FloatFit session?
- How can instructors organize a group to mount and use their floats effectively in a pool environment?
- Are you using a paddle or other equipment? If so, how do you hold it? What can you do with it?
FloatFit is a new trend in fitness programming. The challenge of exercising on an unstable, floating platform is exciting! Balance, core strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular fitness can all be improved with FloatFit training.
This course prepares you to go to the water!
Before you take your float to the pool or open water, this course prepares you to:
- Understand terminology associated with your float-device.
- Consider who is (and is not) suited to participate in FloatFit training.
- Practice land-based techniques to stand up on your float.
- Consider your options for group class management of floats in FloatFit classes.
- Prepare yourself / your participants with pre-training - before putting floats on the water.
- Preview best exercise options for your FloatFit training.
- Make the best use of this fabulous fitness tool!
Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc.
Founder, Master Trainer
About the instructor
People have been kind enough to call me a gifted educator. The truth is, planning and hard work create effortless delivery. My courses are designed to help you skip the experiential errors and succeed sooner. My mission is to help you be your best!
About: Connie Jasinskas, M.Sc., brings over 30 years of experience, passion and humour to her work as an award-winning international health and fitness educator. She has developed a multitude of training resources, bringing laughter and learning to four continents and numerous countries. Connie co-authored AquaStretch™ Foundations, and created the AQX aqua fitness leadership training and certification program. AQX empowers facilities to train and certify aqua fitness leaders in-house.
Numerous one-day specialty certification courses are available through AquaStretchCanada, and the AQX program. At home in Cambridge, Canada, Connie provides therapeutic aquatics, pain education programs, OsteoFit classes, trainer development, and instructor certification in a variety of specialties. Her depth of experience and enthusiastic approach to active learning make her a sought-after course trainer, conference presenter, and keynote speaker.
Education: H.B.Sc., B.Ed., M.Sc. (Exercise Physiology)
Qualifications: Certified Exercise Physiologist, Aquatic and Rehab Specialist, ATRI Faculty
Proprietor: For the Love of Fit (www.FortheLoveofFit.com)
Author, Master Trainer: AQX Aqua Fitness Leadership Excellence Course, AquaBility, AquaNatal, AquaStrength leadership training & certification courses
Co-author: AquaCycling and AquaTots leadership training & certification courses
AquaStretch™ Author and Facilitator-Trainer (www.AquaStretchCanada.com)
ATRI Faculty (www.atri.org): Tsunami Spirit Award winner (2014) for innovation in aquatic therapy and rehabilitation
Author: Prescription Laughter
Visit and Like her FaceBook page: FortheLoveofFit
This course is a pre-requisite for practical FloatFit training courses and workshops. You might be preparing yourself to use your own SUP board, to join or instruct yoga or other fitness activities on a float board. Whatever your reason, we're glad you're here! Enjoy the course.